November 7, 2008

Show & Tell Friday


Today I am participating in Kelli's Show & Tell Friday. If you would like to visit her site and see more Show & Tell participants, just click on the image above.

Since this is my first Show & Tell I wanted it to be something very special to me. These are pictures of my grandparents. The young girl is my great grandmother Sarah Jane when she was 16 years old, the man is her father Columbus. The couple is Columbus' mother in law and father in law. There was a photo of Columbus' wife at one point. My granny remembers it from when she was a little girl but no one knows what happened to it. Granny gave these pictures to my mom when I was in high school. I adored them from the first moment I saw them. When I got married my mom gave them to me because she knew how much I would cherish them. I am so proud to have these hanging in our home.


I don't think the mats compliment the photos or frames. Does anyone have suggestions on something that would look better?

6 comments:

Linda C said...

I love your display of your special pictures! Very cool!
I scrolled on down and read more of your blog- you have a lovely family-and interesting story!
Hope you have time to visit me at Seasons of Life:)
Linda C

Susie Homemaker said...

I love the old photos..and you have them displayed so nicely.

Blessings,
Susie

Carrie said...

Nice groouping of heirloom photos...what a treasure you have.

You might try mats that pick up an accent color in the decor.

Lady Katherine said...

I love all old photo, but to have your familys is the best! I wish I could get a copy of my great grandmother. It was lovely like yours.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I love the place of honor that you have given these heritage photos in your home. It's such a lovely setting that you have made for them!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful old photos! I can tell that they are very dear to you. As to your question, I would change out the mats and maybe paint the frames white to go with that bookcase?

Manuela